1. Developers wanted to ship their produce
To the other side
2. Production never matches the development environment. It resembles, but cannot match
So they deployed people on the other side
3. But this process was slow, they wanted to deploy faster
So they deployed Continuous-Deployment (CI/CD)
4. To improve reliability, we got SRE to do this
SREs’ first job was to hold this ship, but that’s all where they got stuck at
5. What Site Reliability Engineers should’ve built is
SREs should’ve been *engineering* and *observing* the bridge, but instead they became the bridge
You might also like...
What is Saturation and why should you think about it as an SLO? Saturation can be understood as the load on your network and server resources.Read ->
Stories from the world of SRE. Delivered.
SRE with Last9 is incredibly easy. But don’t just take our word for it.